It's Harvest Monday and there's not much to report this week....two harvests and one addition to the tally that I had completely forgotten about.
Half of the leeks remaining in the bed were harvested, photographed here after being trimmed and rinsed:
Jolant (left); Lancelot (right)
The only other harvest was a basket of broccoli:
I picked the big head that I mentioned in my Update post a few days ago. It weighed in at just over half a pound (250 grams on the nose). There are a few small spears left on the plant so I think I'll get one more picking before the harvest is done.
Now on to the forgotten tally addition - the beans that I pulled back in October & have been drying in my basement ever since. I finally got around to shelling them this past week.
I took a chance and sowed two new varieties of dried bean in late July - Arikara and Calypso. I was cutting it really close when it came to days to harvest so whether or not this sowing would amount to anything was anyone's guess.
Well, I did manage a harvest, albeit not a huge one - 560 grams (1.23 lbs) of dried beans all told. This spot had previously contained shelling peas, so all in all, I'm rather happy with how much I was able to get out of the space.
My harvest totals this week were:
Beans - 560 grams (1.23 lbs)
Broccoli - 398 grams (0.88 lbs)
Leeks - 496 grams (1.09 lbs)
Total for Week – 1,454 grams (3.21 lbs)
Total to Date – 309.28 kg (681.83 lbs)
To see what everyone else has been harvesting over the past week, head on over to Our Happy Acres where Dave is our host for Harvest Mondays.